THIS WEEK’S SUNDAY SCHOOL TEXT
1. Women's Class: Aging with Grace: The Long View Psalm 71. (led by multiple women from the church) (Meets in Classroom 2).
2. Caring for One Another: Talk about Sin 1 John 1:8 taught by Pastor Aaron (Meets in Classroom 1)
3. Young Married Couples (Married 5 years or less): taught by Matt and Angelyn Trumbull (Meets in Classroom 3)
PRAYER AND PRAISE POINTS
Every other Wednesday evening the Elders meet for several hours to pray for the body and seek wisdom as they strive to lead and shepherd the body at Big Woods according to the Word of God. Last evening some of the pressing needs and prayer points that they are asking for you to pray alongside them can be found here.
NEW SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES
We are excited to announce our four new Sunday School classes that will start on June 26 and run through August 28. Please use this link to sign up for one of the four classes listed below:
· Young adults - Mark: Robbie Mays, Isaac Brady, and Branden Zembower will be leading a discussion through the gospel of Mark to help us understand what God's Word says and how it applies to our lives.
· Shepherding a Child's Heart: Shepherding a Child’s Heart is about how to speak to the heart of your child. The things your child does and says flow from the heart. Luke 6:45 puts it this way: “…out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.” Through short videos, we will learn how to do this and spend time encouraging one another in the parenting process! This class will be led by Pastor Aaron.
· Theology of Technology: Technology is the most rapidly shifting area of society. The iPhone was first released 15 years ago but has dramatically changed our relationships, society, and even the way we spend our personal time. New technology, new devices, and new apps seem to spring up every day. So what are we to do? For 6 weeks, we will be looking at the technology that is changing our lives, its benefits, and downfalls, and most importantly how we as Christians need to respond in a way that honors an eternal God. This class will be led by Pastor Stuart.
· Summer Psalms with the elders: Each week, a different elder will teach through a Psalm that is particularly meaningful to them. Pastor Tim is eager to teach Psalm 51 and Bill Newman wants to look at Psalm 119 (the longest chapter in the Bible!). Join this class and hear what God is teaching our elders through the book of Psalms!
YOUNG ADULT SUMMER
If you've graduated from high school, don't have kids of your own, are between the ages of 18-30, and are looking for fun things to do this summer, look no further! Our goal is to create a community that is open for young adults to gather in fellowship. To cultivate this space, we will have a variety of activities and events - such as Bible studies, pool parties, game nights, bonfires, hikes, cookouts, outdoor excursions, and even some out-of-town adventures! Our next event will be held tomorrow, June 10 at 7:00 p.m. at the home of Keenan and Sarah Kopas (191 Haagen Lane, Beech Creek). Click here to find a schedule for all things young adult fun this summer. For questions or more information, please contact Robbie Mays at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Please join us as we gather for a time of fellowship and prayer this Saturday, June 11 at 9:00 a.m. at the home of Marilou Johnson, 457 Irwin Street, Lock Haven.
We will have a baptism this Sunday, June 12 following Sunday School at lot 11 at the river. Driving directions from Lock Haven: Cross the Veteran’s Bridge on Jay Street and turn left. Drive ½ mile to the end Riverview Park. Turn left into park entrance and follow the road to lot 11. If you have any questions, please reach out to Holly in the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LUNCHES FOR YOUNG ADULTS/FAMILIES
The young adults and families are invited out to the Redcay’s (138 Main Street, Beech Creek) after church each week for lunch and time together. Each family is asked to bring their own lunch. The pool is open, there is space to spread out, as well as toys for little ones. Please contact Pastor Stuart at 717-517-6523 if you have any questions!
There will be two studies available to women this summer. No Other Gods: The Unrivaled Pursuit of Christ, a study on modern idolatry, will meet Monday evenings 6:30-8:00 p.m. and Tuesday mornings 10:30 a.m.-12:00 noon beginning June 13. Risen Motherhood: Gospel Hope for Everyday Moments will meet every other Wednesday from 10:30-12p beginning June 8th. Sign up for a study here.We also need Volunteers for Childcare for Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. Workers will be paid. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Our next backyard BBQ will be held on Tuesday, June 14 at 6:00 p.m. at the home of Jim and Vicki Stout (504 West Brown Street, Lock Haven). Bring a meat, a chair, and a dish to share. There are still available dates to host a BBQ – if interested, please sign up here.
Join us on Wednesday, June 15 at 6:30 p.m. for our next Prayer Gathering. This prayer gathering will be every other Wednesday and will be one of the ways we can bear one another’s burdens as we seek to faithfully follow Jesus together.
Come support our softball team Sunday afternoons at Peddie Park (912 Renovo Road, Mill Hall) starting June 19! We play every Sunday afternoon during the summer from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. and would love to see you there. This is a great time to get to know other families in our community and even just hang out with others in the church. Bring snacks and drinks, or even a grill to cookout during the games! We hope to see you out there!
COMMUNITY BLOOD DRIVE
Monday, June 27 from 1:00-6:00 p.m. here at Big Woods Bible Church. Please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit RedCrossBlood.org and enter: Big Woods to schedule an appointment.
In Ephesians 4:11, we learn that God has given the church teachers to build up the body of Christ. Teaching lab exists to help us find those whom God has given to our body. If you would like to learn about teaching and have the opportunity to teach in a setting that provides feedback to see if God has gifted you to serve in this way, join us Monday, June 20 at 6:00 p.m. here at the church!
PRAY FOR OUR COMMUNITY
Our next Friday Night Worship Service will be held on July 8 at 7:00 p.m. at The Common Place Church (209 Bellefonte Avenue, Lock Haven). This night of prayer and worship is for anyone who is burdened and cares about the battle with addiction in our community, and anyone who has family and friends caught up in it, and anyone who is themselves struggling with addiction. In one way or the other, that means YOU!
YOUTH MINISTRY MOVE UP
Big Woods Children’s and Youth Ministry will have students move up a grade at the end of the summer. On Sunday, September 4, we will be welcoming students into their new Sunday School classrooms and into Navigate Youth Ministry.
MILL HALL KIWANIS CHICKEN BBQ FUNDRAISER
Details for the Chicken BBQ are as follows: July 16, 2022, from 10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the Mill Hall Park. Cost is $10 per meal (includes half chicken, baked beans, potato salad). The contact person for this fundraiser is Deb Smetlz from Tri-County Church. You can email her (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call her (570-660-5737) to coordinate ticket sales.