We believe the body of Christ must act upon Proverbs 22:6 – Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. We are also empowered by the words of Christ himself when he said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these” (Matthew 19:14). Below is a description of our classes and teachers:
PreSchool Sunday SchoolBabies up to age 2 meet in the nursery and are under the supervision of dedicated volunteers.Preschoolers (ages 3 to 5) meet at 9:15am in their own room. There they sing, enjoy Bible activities, & stories.
Elementary Sunday SchoolOur Sunday School ministry follows our morning worship service and starts at 10:45 AM. Classes are split in to the following age groups:
Preschool (ages 3-4)Kindergarten & 1st grade2nd & 3rd grade4th & 5th grade
Our Children’s Bible lessons use curriculums designed to take our children through the major themes of the Bible and encourage kids to begin developing their own relationship with God, and then grow in that relationship. It is age appropriate material that starts by walking our younger kids through the Bible in two years to create a foundational knowledge of the Bible. Then, they move on to continued learning through more focused studies on character, particular people, topical studies, books of the Bible, etc. The 4th and 5th graders seek to get a better understanding of God’s Word through curriculum that takes them deeper in their knowledge of the truth, their relationship with the Lord, and real life as they face it today. Our goal is not just to build Bible knowledge, but a loving, trusting, relationship with our Savior, Jesus Christ, as we come along side you, the parents, in your journey to raising Godly children.
BWBC Child Protection PolicyPlease view our BWBC Child Protection Policy here.
All Children’s Ministries volunteers need to complete Safe Sanctuaries Training Online.
When & Where we meet:There are two opportunities each week for students to get engaged with other young people, learn biblical principles for life, and connect with adult leaders that want to help them learn to grow in their relationship with Christ. Our youth ministry is an extension of our church vision – to see transformed lives transforming a community. Your young people will be involved in fun events, genuine relationships, purposeful activity, and Gospel-centered teaching. Our Sunday school ministry is designed to teach basic biblical truths and our Wednesday night Navigate meeting is oriented around small groups where students are able to engage in authentic discussion with adult leaders on how to apply biblical principles to their daily lives.
Sunday SchoolSundays at 10:45 AM
NAVIGATE Youth MeetingsMiddle School – Wednesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00 PMHigh School – Sunday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00 PM
For more information, contact our Youth Pastor Stuart Redcay at .gro.sdoowgib%40rtrauts
Building relationships with women so that God is glorified, and women’s lives are transformed through the good news of Jesus Christ. If you know of a woman who needs some encouragement, please let us know! We would be glad to call them and set up a time for a few of our ladies to fellowship and pray with them.
Friday Morning PrayerPurpose: To worship and adore our Heavenly Father and bring the needs and concerns of the church, its leaders, our nation and one another before Him.6:00 am in Woolrich, at Lynel Gaunt's (570-769-7224)7:00 am in Lock Haven, at Linda Gray's (570-660-6655)
Women's Prayer GroupPurpose: A time of coffee, devotional and bringing our praises before the Lord. 9:00 am at the church every 2nd Saturday of the month.
For more information about any of our events, please contact our ministry team:Michelle Rosypal – 570-660-9448Nicole Lavallee – 570-660-8600
Big Woods takes the final command of Jesus very seriously and pursues making disciples of Christ in Clinton County and around the world. We have the pleasure of working with many missionaries through friendship, prayer and financial support.
“How Can I Pray for My Missionaries?”1. Pray for their relationship with God. All too often we have placed all missionaries on a high pedestal marked “Super-Spiritual Saint.” It doesn’t occur to us that our missionaries have any need in regards to their walk with God. On behalf of your missionary, pray for his or her:
a. Feeding on God’s Word
b. Prayer life
c. Filling with the Holy Spirit
d. Maturity and growth in grace
e. Victory over Satan and the flesh
2. Pray for your missionary’s physical and emotional life. Many missionaries live and work in difficult climates and where various diseases are prevalent. Pray for their health and safety. Also pray for deliverance from discouragement, loneliness and depression as they are in the thick of the spiritual battle.
3. Pray for your missionary’s family. Pray, if married, for the husband and wife’s relationship. Pray for the children—for their salvation and growth in the Lord. Pray that as a family, they will provide an excellent model for the people among where they serve.
4. Pray for your missionary’s ability to communicate. Communication is the key to everything a missionary does. We must communicate with our lives and lips. For many, they must adapt to a new culture and learn a foreign language. Many languages, if not all, are difficult to learn. And a superficial knowledge of a language makes it very difficult to communicate spiritual truth. But knowing a language is not enough. A missionary must adapt culturally and communicate the love of Christ with the people he is seeking to reach.
5. Pray for your missionary’s ministry. Pray for boldness, open doors and open hearts.
6. Pray for your missionary’s fellow workers. Most probably, your missionary is not working completely off on his own someplace. He is usually part of a team and he will likely be working closely with the believers in that country. Probably, more than any other place, this is where Satan often gets in and causes havoc.For a map and photo of all our missionaries and where they are in the world, please visit the welcome area in the church.
OUR MISSIONARIESSeth & Emily Boger – Middle EastEric & Jalyn Ickes - Word of Life, PhilippinesJeff Lewis - Mobilization/Discipleship Specialist with Pioneers (pioneers.org)Brian & Rachel Montei – ITEC – a non-denominational ministry utilizing volunteers to meet the technical needs of missionaries and not-for-profit organizations worldwidePhilip & Bea Schuring – BrazilJareb & Amy McClain – Beyond the Reef Ministry – Bible translation and Bible study development for indigenous people in the Asia/Pacific regionCraig & Shelly Schafer – Ministering to indigenous people in the Asia/Pacific regionSascha & Damaris Kroeker – Africa