What's happening at Big Woods
– CASTANEA TOWNSHIP ORDINANCE CHANGE – There are new parking ordinances being enforced in the Castanea Township. These changes went into effect on Monday of this week and were published in the Express. A map is provided below to let you know where you can park (green) and cannot park (red). The most significant change[…]
– THE PURPOSE AND POWER OF THE CHURCH – Even though we live in an age that celebrates autonomy and independence, as Christians, we must learn to live dependent upon Christ and one another. For many this is hard, but thankfully, the local church is the place and the means by which this glorious dependence[…]
– BABY BOTTLE BLESSINGS – You can support the Pregnancy Resource Center in State College by donating your spare change. All you need to do is pick up a Blessing Bottle from Big Woods Bible Church. They are located at the front of the auditorium. Between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, fill that bottle with[…]
– WORD CENTERED CHURCH – As simple as the concept may seem, it’s one that many churches miss, and to their own detriment. Because when churches center everything they do on God’s Word—when the pulpit ministry gives direction to every aspect of the church’s life—growth happens God’s way. God’s Word is what creates the church,[…]
-Bible Reading Plans- The beginning of the year is a great time to launch a new Bible reading plan. Ligonier Ministries has several great plans to choose from. There are plans that take you chronologically through the Bible, take you through each section of the Bible, or guides you through a year long reading[…]
-FOLLOW US ONLINE- Are you plugged in to Big Woods online? Make sure you follow us on Facebook & Twitter to stay up to date with important announcements and information! Sermons are posted on YouTube. Weekly “Need to Know” emails go out on Thursdays and are available on our blog page. Make sure we have your contact information[…]
– THIS WEEK’S NEED TO KNOW – Click here to visit our “Need to Know” blog page and learn about what’s happening in the life of Big Woods Bible Church.
NAVIGATE Youth Ministry meets weekly and is a great time for students from 6th – 12th grade to grow deeper in their faith. High school (9th-12th) meets on Sunday nights at 6:30 and middle school (6th – 12th) on Wednesday nights at 6:30. For more information contact Pastor Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– VISION TRUST SPONSORSHIP DRIVE – Please consider taking a sponsorship packet for children enrolled in the Cruz Blanca Learning Center. They will be available this Sunday at church. If you are interested in sponsoring a child or would like to learn more, please stop at the table downstairs between services.