We are going Green! As of June 5, 2020, Clinton County will be in the green phase of Pennsylvania’s reopening process. Our plan is to have our first gathered service on Sunday June 7. We’ve been working on a special service just for this occasion. Our plan, weather permitting, is to have this service outdoors on the side lawn between our building and The Collision Center. We’ll provide some seating, but you are encouraged to bring your own chairs or drive up and drop your tailgate and join us from the back of your truck. We will ask that everyone continue to maintain the recommended social distancing protocols, though masks will be optional. The building will be open and restrooms available, but we ask that you only access the building through the main entrance or back entrance and only enter the restrooms. All other areas need to remain closed off and only used if and when necessary. We will not be able to live stream this service, but a pre-recorded message will be available on Facebook on Sunday morning as well.
If weather is inclement, we will go with our Plan B option which will be two services, one starting at 9:00 AM and the other starting at 10:45 AM. This will be our normal Sunday service after the June 7, outdoor service. We will need your help in several ways as we seek to gather again in a careful way.
- Please click this link and choose your service preference. We need to limit attendance in these services and by choosing between the two options, it will help us regather in a safe way.
- We ask that everyone please continue to practice recommended social distancing protocols. Masks will be available at both entrances, but are not required.
- There will be no nursery, children’s church, or Sunday school for the time being. We will have a morning service only. Children of all ages are welcome to join us in the auditorium.
- Until we feel we are ready, there will be no coffee service on Sunday mornings. You are welcome to bring your own coffee to the service.
- We will have two services with a space of time between those services to allow for a quick cleaning of high touch areas. We ask you to please make your way out of the building as soon as we are dismissed so we can prepare for the second service. You are welcome to mingle and talk outside in between the services. Thank you for helping us with this.
Below is our plan to return. Please take time to read through this and help us with our regathering process. We appreciate your flexibility during this time.
Big Woods Bible Church Plan to Reassemble
As we anticipate our county moving into the Green Phase, we want to communicate how we will be reassembling as safely as possible as a church body. We look forward to being able to gather together, but we also understand our gathering will be significantly different for the time being. We ask that everyone display a spirit of charity towards one another, as we know you will. Below are a few things to keep in mind as we move forward to that eventual first service back together.
- There will be varying opinions within our body, our community, and with government officials regarding how we reassemble. The elders are doing their best to reach out to people in our body with differing points of view and access to reliable information we need to make wise and informed decisions about our reopening. Our goal is to make it as safe and healthy as possible while maintaining a friendly atmosphere. As we have learned so far in this time, all plans are subject to change. Our plan for reopening is subject to change as we will follow local and state guidelines.
- Our church cleaning team is already working on making sure the building is sanitized. We will also list a set of recommendations in alignment with state and CDC guidelines that we will ask the body to follow for the time being.
- We want to encourage anyone in the high-risk group (older adults, people with severe medical conditions including but not limited to heart disease, lung disease, and diabetes, etc.), or anyone that is not comfortable returning to continue making decisions that will protect your health and the health of others. Please do not feel obligated to participate in anything you feel places you in harm’s way.
- Please be conscientious about how COVID-19 spreads. One of the ways is can spread is with close contact with others through respiratory droplets expelled by coughing, sneezing, or even talking. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly (20 seconds) after coming in contact with high-contact surfaces. You should also avoid touching your face with unwashed hands. We will continue to provide a live stream of our services for those hesitant to return.
- Although we will not meet until we are in the Green Phase of Pennsylvania’s reopening plan, we do want to encourage people to continue taking the precautions they feel is necessary. If that means you want to stay at home, please join us online. If you want to wear a mask, the please do so. We will have stations in the lobby with hand sanitizer and masks for your convenience.
We believe we can come together to worship in a safe and sensible way while maintaining our commitment and desire to gather as a faithful local assembly of believers. Our heart is obedience to God, the safety of our church body, and proper respect to our civil government. We will exercise caution and care with a healthy dose of common sense.
When We Return
For the time being, we plan on making the following adjustments until we feel it is safe to return to our regular service structure.
- Sunday mornings will consist of only the worship service.
- We ask that attendees only access the restrooms, lobby, and auditorium.
- There will be no children’s church or nursery for the time being. Children are welcome in the services.
- We will be making modifications to our seating and ask that you sit with your family and maintain a reasonable distance as long as social distancing is recommended by health officials.
- We will make changes to things such as offerings, communion, and coffee service to minimize touch points. More information about that will be available as we get closer to our reopening.
- If you would like to wear a mask once we reopen, please feel free to do so.
- If you feel uncomfortable attending under these circumstance, please feel free to connect to our services online until you feel ready to attend.
- If you are feeling sick, especially with a fever, dry cough, and/or shortness of breath, please stay home, rest, and recover.
Helpful sources for up to date information
CDC COVID-19 Information
PA Dept. of Health Information
CDC Recommendations for High Risk Persons
CDC Recommended Preventative Steps