He is risen indeed! Even though Easter – a day to celebrate our Savior’s Resurrection – was last week, every day is a good day to celebrate the fact we serve a risen Savior! Thanks to everyone that came on Sunday, brought guests, and celebrated this important day at Big Woods. A special thank you to everyone who helped clean, set up equipment, serve coffee, set up/take down chairs, greet and watch children. Your service is vital to helping us fulfill our mission of Transformed Lives – Transforming A Community!
Easter Sunday Service, April 17, 2017, at the Castanea Fire Co. Picnic Grounds
Baptism Service – Change of Venue
We will have a baptism service immediately following the second service on Sunday, April 23rd. There is a change in venue for this service. We will now hold the baptism service at Lock Haven City Beach located on Water St.
Women’s Prayer Breakfast
Plan now to attend the Women’s Prayer Breakfast on Saturday, April 22nd, from 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM at the home of Yvonne Butville. We will continue our Fruit of the Spirit theme, with a focus on Peace, during our devotional time.
What’s Happening to the Building
It’s been a while since the last building update. If you’ve driven by lately, you’ve noticed there is a lot less building there. Don’t worry, that’s a good thing. In the next few weeks we’ll be shifting from the “demolition mode” to “construction mode.” Here are some things that have happened recently:
- Layout of the plumbing and removal of the concrete, just over 1800 sq.ft. Ready for digging and installing the rough in plumbing.
- Roof transition between the metal roof and wood structure.
- Work done on the window locations in the 30 x 80 wood structure
- Removed remaining steel, copper for scrap.
Here are some things that will be happening in the near future:
- We are waiting for new siding and metal roofing to arrive and then we will start the close in process
- Nucor roofing, siding and trim details, all total, over 13,000 parts have been put on order
- Insulation for roof and walls
- Windows and metal exterior doors
Thank you for your continued prayer and giving. Please continue to pray for safety, good weather, and God to provide the financial resources we need. As you can see by the picture of the Easter service above, we are in desperate need of space if we are to continue to grow. We look forward with anticipation to what God is going to continue to do through the body at Big Woods for His glory!
For Your Calendar
April 21 – Secret Church
April 29 – Guatemala Benefit Auction for Guatemala 2017
May 20 – Wayumi Youth Day at New Tribes Mission