Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.
GUEST SPEAKER THIS WEEK – Craig Schafer
Come hear from Craig, Shelly and their family, our missionaries in the South Pacific.
WELCOME THE SCHAFERS THIS SUNDAY
We’re excited to hear from the Schafer family this Sunday. They minister to an indigenous people group in the South Pacific. We’ve shared a little of what they have been through over the past few years, but you’ll want to hear their story directly from them. In spite of persecution, personal struggles, spiritual battles, and other attacks by the enemy, the work of the Gospel is still going forth in a mighty way through this dear family. You’ll have to be in the service to hear their story. Due to where they serve, we are not able to broadcast this week’s service over Facebook live. This is to protect them, fellow believers, as well as their ability to return to serve. Make sure you’re here on Sunday at 9:00 AM to hear their amazing story of an amazing Savior.
Trunk-or-Treat is a little more than a week away. We’ve had quite a bit of interest from the community but we need more people to come and help us pass out candy. If you can help with this, please click the link and sign up today!
Our next annual meeting will be on Sunday, November 1, at 6:00 PM. A proposed budget and church officers will be voted on. Ministry updates will take place as well as we look at how God has been working in 2020 and seek His direction in 2021 and beyond. If you are a member of Big Woods, it is important that you be at this meeting. It should finish up by no later than 7:00 PM.
Officers up for a vote are listed in the church bulletin and will be through November 1. A copy of the proposed budget is available at the back table in the auditorium. Questions may be directed to Pastor Josh by calling the church office or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder, all elementary age kids are invited to Children’s church during our morning service. Parents, please be sure to stop by the check-in kiosk in the children’s wing and print a sticker for your child before they go to Children’s church. If you’re unfamiliar with this process, someone will be there to help guide you through. We want to make sure our kids are protected and in a safe environment when at church.
BABY BOTTLE BLESSINGS
Big Woods has an opportunity to participate in the Pregnancy Resource Center Baby Bottle Blessings again this year. If you would like to be involved, you can pick up an empty baby bottle on the table at the back of the auditorium. You can fill the bottle with spare change and dollar bills or write a check payable to State College Pregnancy Resource Clinic. Please bring the Blessing Bottle back to Big Woods on November 8, and we will deliver it to the State College PRC. You can give directly to PRC by going to www.scprc.com.
We will have a baby dedication during our morning service on November 22. If you are interested in participating, please contact the church office at (570) 893-8274 or email@example.com.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan’s Purse, an international relief organization. Their mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoeboxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ. We ship these simple gifts outside the United States to children affected by war, poverty, natural disaster, famine, and disease; and to children living on Native American reservations in the U.S.
Big Woods Bible Church participates in this drive each year and is looking forward to another opportunity to partner with Operation Christmas Child to share the love of Jesus and the Gospel through a box filled with toys and gifts for a child. A basic rectangular shoe box will work or you can pick up a box from the church after October 11 at your convenience. All donations should be dropped off at the church by no later than Sunday, November 15.
There are three ways you can participate.
- Donate funds to Operation Christmas Child – Each box costs about $9 to ship. All donations will go to offset shipping costs for boxes collected at Big Woods.
- Pick up a box or get a regular sized shoe box and fill it with age appropriate gifts. For more information on how to pack a shoebox, click here.
- Due to Covid-19 situation, this year, you can actually build a box online. For more information on how to do that, click here.
We want to ensure you that we will do everything we can to make our services a safe and healthy place to worship and gather on Sundays. We encourage you to come out and join us in fellowship and worship together.
- We will provide masks at the entrances as well as hand sanitizer throughout the building. We request you wear a mask while moving about the building. You are welcome to remove it once you are seated with your family.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines and maintain a distance of six feet from others. Chairs have been spaced out in the auditorium to help with this.
- If you or anyone in your family feel sick, especially with cold-like systems or shortness of breath, please stay home and join us online until you feel better. Services will be streamed in their entirety to allow you to access to it from home.
- Coffee is available. To minimize touch-points, it will be served for you along with a “to-go” bag with creamer, sweetener, etc.