THIS WEEK’S TEXT: Romans 1:8-15 – Christ Revealed, Christ Rejected (Part 2)
Taught By: Pastor Tim
Be in prayer for our middle school Navigate students. They are away this weekend for their fall youth retreat. Pray for God to work in their hearts, for them to grow closer to one another and to Jesus, and for their safety.
Also, be sure you take time to read through Romans 1 individually as well as with your family before Sunday. You can click the link provided and read now or listen.
This Sunday is our first scheduled service back indoors. We once again want to ensure you that we will do everything we can to make our services a safe and healthy place to worship and gather on Sundays. We encourage you to come out and join us in fellowship and worship together.
- We will provide masks at the entrances as well as hand sanitizer throughout the building. We request you wear a mask while moving about the building. You are welcome to remove it once you are seated with your family.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines and maintain a distance of six feet from others. Chairs have been spaced out in the auditorium to help with this.
- If you or anyone in your family feel sick, especially with cold-like systems or shortness of breath, please stay home and join us online until you feel better. Services will be streamed on our Facebook page in their entirety to allow you to access to it from home.
- Coffee will be available at our morning service. To minimize touch-points, it will be served for you along with a “to-go” bag with creamer, sweetener, etc.
It’s time for our annual Trunk-or-Treat at Big Woods. You can be involved by donating candy or dressing up and decorating your car and help us pass out candy to kids from our neighborhood. The Trunk-or-Treat is happening on Saturday, 10/31, from 1:00 – 3:00 PM. If you would like to be involved you can sign up by clicking here or contact Pastor Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan’s Purse, an international relief organization. Their mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoeboxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ. We ship these simple gifts outside the United States to children affected by war, poverty, natural disaster, famine, and disease; and to children living on Native American reservations in the U.S.
Big Woods Bible Church participates in this drive each year and is looking forward to another opportunity to partner with Operation Christmas Child to share the love of Jesus and the Gospel through a box filled with toys and gifts for a child. A basic rectangular shoe box will work or you can pick up a box from the church after October 11 at your convenience. All donations should be dropped off at the church by no later than Sunday, November 15.
There are three ways you can participate.
- Donate funds to Operation Christmas Child – Each box costs about $9 to ship. All donations will go to offset shipping costs for boxes collected at Big Woods.
- Pick up a box or get a regular sized shoe box and fill it with age appropriate gifts. For more information on how to pack a shoebox, click here.
- Due to Covid-19 situation, this year, you can actually build a box online. For more information on how to do that, click here.
BABY BOTTLE BLESSINGS
You can support the Pregnancy Resource Clinic in State College by donating your spare change. All you need to do is pick up a Blessing Bottle from Big Woods Bible Church. They are located at the table at the back of the auditorium. Between October 4 and November 8, fill that bottle with your spare change and dollar bills or make a check out to State College Pregnancy Resource Clinic. Bring the Blessing Bottle back to Big Woods on November 8, and we’ll deliver it back to the State College PRC. Thanks for helping them continue their mission to educate, encourage, and empower men and women to make informed life choices. To give online, go to scprc.com and donate directly to The Pregnancy Resource Center.
Our next annual meeting will be on Sunday, November 1, at 6:00 PM. A proposed budget as well as officer election and bylaws revisions will need to be voted on at this meeting. Ministry updates will take place as well as we look at how God has been working in 2020 and seek His direction in 2021 and beyond. If you are a member of Big Woods, it is important that you be at this meeting. It should finish up by no later than 7:00 PM.
Officers up for a vote are listed in the church bulletin and will be through November 1. A copy of the proposed budget is available at the back table in the auditorium. Questions may be directed to Pastor Josh by calling the church office or by email at email@example.com.
KIDS CHECK IN
Now that kids are going to children’s church indoors, we will be using our check in system again. Parents that are dropping their kids off in children’s church must use this system to print stickers to identify their kids when they are picked up after the worship service. It is preferred that parents pick up their children. However, older teenaged siblings may pick up their family members only if they bring the pickup sticker. If your email is in our system, it will also send you an email that can be used for pickup as well.
If you need help learning the check in system, someone will be present in the children’s wing on Sunday morning to help walk you through the check in process. If you do not have a check in card, we can get you a new one or link a card you currently carry in your wallet or purse (e.g. I check my kids in using my Sheetz card). Any card that has a bar code on it will work (Sheetz, Weis, CVS, etc.).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at the church office or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.