Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.
THIS WEEK’S TEXT: Romans 1 – Christ Revealed, Christ Rejected
Taught By: Pastor Tim
This Sunday is our first scheduled service back indoors. We once again want to ensure you that we will do everything we can to make our services a safe and healthy place to worship and gather on Sundays. We encourage you to come out and join us in fellowship and worship together.
- We will provide masks at the entrances as well as hand sanitizer throughout the building. We request you wear a mask while moving about the building. You are welcome to remove it once you are seated with your family.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines and maintain a distance of six feet from others. Chairs have been spaced out in the auditorium to help with this.
- If you or anyone in your family feel sick, especially with cold-like systems or shortness of breath, please stay home and join us online until you feel better. Services will be streamed in their entirety to allow you to access to it from home.
- Coffee will be available starting on Sunday, October 18. To minimize touch-points, it will be served for you along with a “to-go” bag with creamer, sweetener, etc.
Women of Big Woods are invited to a special prayer meeting at 9:00 AM on Saturday, October 10, at the church. Come spend time in fellowship and prayer together. Masks can be worn at your discretion. Coffee and light refreshments will be served. For more information, contact Nicole Lavallee or Michelle Rosypal.
It’s time for our annual Trunk-or-Treat at Big Woods. You can be involved by donating candy or dressing up and decorating your car and help us pass out candy to kids from our neighborhood. The Trunk-or-Treat is happening on Saturday, 10/31, from 1:00 – 3:00 PM. If you would like to be involved you can sign up by clicking here or contact Pastor Josh at email@example.com.
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan’s Purse, an international relief organization. Their mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoeboxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ. We ship these simple gifts outside the United States to children affected by war, poverty, natural disaster, famine, and disease; and to children living on Native American reservations in the U.S.
Big Woods Bible Church participates in this drive each year and is looking forward to another opportunity to partner with Operation Christmas Child to share the love of Jesus and the Gospel through a box filled with toys and gifts for a child. A basic rectangular shoe box will work or you can pick up a box from the church after October 11 at your convenience. All donations should be dropped off at the church by no later than Sunday, November 15.
There are three ways you can participate.
- Donate funds to Operation Christmas Child – Each box costs about $9 to ship. All donations will go to offset shipping costs for boxes collected at Big Woods.
- Pick up a box or get a regular sized shoe box and fill it with age appropriate gifts. For more information on how to pack a shoebox, click here.
- Due to Covid-19 situation, this year, you can actually build a box online. For more information on how to do that, click here.
BABY BOTTLE BLESSINGS
You can support the Pregnancy Resource Clinic in State College by donating your spare change. All you need to do is pick up a Blessing Bottle from Big Woods Bible Church. They are located at the table at the back of the auditorium. Between October 4 and November 8, fill that bottle with your spare change and dollar bills or make a check out to State College Pregnancy Resource Clinic. Bring the Blessing Bottle back to Big Woods on November 8, and we’ll deliver it back to the State College PRC. Thanks for helping them continue their mission to educate, encourage, and empower men and women to make informed life choices. To give online, go to scprc.com and donate directly to The Pregnancy Resource Center.