I hope you were able to attend the Parenting Isn’t for Pushovers class this past Sunday. We wanted to offer you a list of suggested resources for family and/or individual devotionals as many have requested. We are also including the list of practical things you, as a parent, can be doing as you teach your child(ren) how to obey and honor as Ephesians 6:1-2 instructs. We are praying for you and look forward to seeing you again this Sunday as we address the subject of Finding Friends.
1. Establishing boundaries in recognition of God’s authority over our own.
2. Letting your child(ren) see you in the Word and in prayer.
3. Setting time aside to eat together at the table every day and spend intentional time in the Word as a family.
4. Praying before dinner (Wherever you are!) thanking God for His provision, goodness and grace.
5. Encouraging ongoing conversation about the Lord, His Word and life in the light of the Gospel.
6. Looking for themes, messages and storylines in movies, music, media that can be discussed and measured against a Biblical world view.
7. Spending time in creation.
- The Beginner’s Bible
- My ABC Bible Verses – Hunt
- The Child’s Study Bible – Eerdmans
- Big Truths for Little Kids – Hunt & Hunt
- The Lamb – Cross & Mastin
- Guy’s Guide to Life – Boyett
- Disciplines of a Godly Man – Hughes
- Power Up! Diamond: Devotional Thoughts for Baseball Fans – Branon