Due to our current social distancing and a requested shut down of a lot of our activities, we find ourselves with a little time on our hands. As we adjust to a new (and what we hope to be very temporary) normal, we have some time to take care of some bigger projects that demand a lot more time and attention than is usually available. One of those projects is cleaning up and adjusting our church directory. It’s been a while since we’ve updated our photos. Some of our kids have elementary photos in the directory and they’ve graduated high school. If we don’t get some of these up to date, well, we’ll begin looking like the family in the photo above. Just about everyone has a camera that can provide us with a photo of sufficient quality that will allow us to do this. I know, because I see all your pictures on my Facebook feed. Here’s what you can do:
- Take or find a recent family picture.
- Take or find a nice individual head shot for you and everyone in your family. Just the picture. Avoid using all the fun and silly filters.
- You can directly upload your pictures if you follow the info below and access the Member Portal of the online church directory. If you are not able to do that, you can e-mail the picture(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the correct spelling of names of those in the picture(s) (It would help to name the picture the individual’s name. For instance, instead of a picture name of IMG_001, I would name mine Joshua_Hamilton).
- Also check the directory to make sure your information is up to date.
– Access the Big Woods directory by clicking here.
– Enter the directory password. This password will be sent in a separate email/text to current members in our directory.
-Once you’ve gained access to the directory, scroll to the bottom and look for a link that says, “Manage My Family Info.”
-Click that link and you’ll be taken to a login page that looks like this
-Use the family email address associated with Big Woods. You can use it to login if you’ve already registered, or you can set up an account that will give you access to your online profile at Big Woods.
- Once you’ve logged into your family profile, you’ll have access to all kinds of information as well as the ability to update information such as address, phone, mobile phone, email, etc.
If you have any questions or aren’t able to update your information, please contact Pastor Josh at email@example.com.