On Sunday, November 5, we will have two new classes available during the Sunday school hour. The first class, 500 Years – Why the Reformation Matters Today, will be taught by Pastor Aaron, will meet in Room B1, and will focus on the Reformation. This year marks the 500th year since Martin Luther wrote his 95 theses and stood up for the scriptural truth that justification comes through faith alone. One of the key triumphs of the Reformation was making the Bible available to all, and not confined to the religious leadership. This class will focus on why the reformation was necessary, how it happened, how it impacts us even to this day, and why it matters. The second class will be in the auditorium and is called, Armor Up – Learning to Stand Strong in the Lord. This class will focus on Ephesians 6:10-18, where Paul describes the spiritual armor we must put on in order to stand against the schemes of the devil. Each week, a different one of our elders will be presenting a different piece of armor, what it does to protect us, and how to use it in the spiritual warfare that exists all around us. Join us as we learn how to stand strong in the Lord.
Children’s Check In
Parents of kids, from nursery through elementary, thank you for you your patience with us while we put in our new check in system. Most of our kids in this age group should be registered in the system and a key fob made for parents. If you haven’t picked yours up yet, they are available for you to pick up at the end of the upstairs hallway where the check in area is. If you do not see your card there, we can quickly make one for you on Sunday. Any questions can be directed to Pastor Josh. Thanks for helping us provide a safe place for your kids to grow in their faith!
Operation Christmas Child
It’s time for our annual Operation Christmas Child gift drive. Each year, we help send gifts to kids around the world. Along with each gift is a clear Gospel message – God’s gift to man. You can help us by dropping off donations at Big Woods in the Fellowship Area. All donations need to be in by no later than November 5. If you’re not sure what to get, click here to visit their website for gift ideas.
We have several upcoming events. Check out what’s listed below and click the links to learn more or to sign up online.
- 10/20 – Autumn Night – Ladies, it’s not too late to be a part of the Autumn night. Even if you haven’t signed up, you’re welcome to participate. Registration begins at 6:00 on Friday evening.
- 10/21 – Fall Work Day – 8:00 AM Breakfast.
- 10/22 – Hymn Sing – Meet at BWBC at 6:00 PM. Enjoy a night of singing hymns along with sharing testimonies and scripture.
- 10/28 – Women’s Prayer Breakfast – 9:00-10:30 AM at the home of Amanda Coleman.
- 10/31 – Trunk-or-Treat – We need volunteers to decorate their trunks and help pass out candy and we need candy donations. Help us as we reach out to our neighbors in Castanea.
- 11/3-11/4 – The Art of Marriage – Join us for this two day workshop designed to point us back to biblical principles for a successful marriage relationship.
- 11/10-11/12 – Survivor Middle School Youth Retreat
- 11/12 – Newcomer’s Fellowship – Following the second service.